NICET Certification (I & II) & Exam Prep Course
May 2 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$750.00 – $938.00
NICET Certification and Prep Course (30 hours)
This is a 30-hour series of courses taught over 10 days, May 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, and June 1st. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5pm-8pm.
NICET Certification (I & II) exam prep course is for individuals seeking to obtain their certification in NICET (I & II) in fire alarm systems and/or fire alarm system inspections.
• Learn NICET certification requirements in fire alarm systems and fire alarm inspections
• Understand the application process and maintain your NICET certification through the recertification process.
• Learn and understand different types of fire alarm systems, their requirements for installation, and fire alarm system inspections.
• Understand codes and standards for fire alarm system designs and installations.
• Learn basic requirements for fire alarm system contract documentations.
• Learn and understand requirements for smoke detectors, automatic sprinkler system devices, fire detection equipment, notification devices, and controlling systems equipment from fire alarm systems.
• Learn and understand fire alarm system wiring, circuitry, and power requirements.
• Learn how to navigate NPFA 70 NEC Code and NFPA 72 Fire Alarm and Signaling Code books
NICET Certification (I & II) exam prep classroom course (30 hours)
• Day – 1: Learn and understand the NICET certification requirements
• Day – 2: Learn and understand the different types of fire alarm systems
• Day – 3: Learn and understand Fire alarm system components and wiring requirements
• Day – 4: Learn and understand NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (1 of 2)
• Day – 5: Learn and understand NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (2 of 2)
• Day – 6: Learn and understand NFPA 72 Fire alarm system and signaling code (1 of 2)
• Day – 7: Learn and understand NFPA 72 Fire alarm systems and signaling code (2 of 2)
• Day – 8: Learn and understand basic fire alarm system design requirements and installations
• Day – 9: Learn and understand basic requirements for fire alarm system contract documentations and fire alarm system inspections
• Day – 10: Review
Meet the Instructor:
Tye Muhammad has been working in the electrical and life safety industry for over 36 years. He is currently employed as a department manager with a local electrical and life safety company. He successfully ran his owned electrical contracting business for about seven years until he sold it.
He currently holds three electrical master licenses in Virginia, Maryland, and DC. His passion is the electrical, fire alarm, life safety industry. He is currently NICET level III certified in fire alarm systems. He enjoyed teaching and educating people about building electrical system, fire alarm systems and life safety systems. He also teaches electrical apprenticeship classes at a local community college.