- This event has passed.
32-Hour Backflow Certification (3 Day Course) AND 10-Hour Backflow Recertification Course (1 Day; Saturday ONLY)
September 15 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm$225.00 – $585.00
This course is taught by a Maryland State Plumbing Board Approved ASSE instructor.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID APPRENTICE, JOURNEY OR MASTER MD STATE PLUMBING LICENSE TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THIS LICENSE BEFORE BEING REGISTERED FOR THE CLASS.
This course meets for 3 consecutive days for the 32-hour certification; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (September 15, 16, 17) at ABC’s new training facility on E. Biddle Street Baltimore. For the RECERTIFICATION, you will attend Saturday’s training ONLY, beginning at 9:30 am.
The Maryland State Board of Plumbing requires the successful completion of an approved 32-Hour Backflow Training Course as a pre-requisite for the Journey/Master Plumber examination.
ALL PLUMBING MEMBERS – Check your license and certification!
- Developing the knowledge of the causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Recognizing proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- A complete understanding and ability to perform accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
Every three (3) years a Cross Connection/Backflow Tester must re certify or lose their certification as a Backflow/Cross Connection Tester. The Maryland State Board of Plumbing, WSSC, Baltimore County, District of Columbia, require the successful completion of an approved 8-Hour Backflow Training Recertification Course to keep this certification and license current. The re certification course will focus on the following:
- Updates and new developments in Cross Connection Control
- Review of causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Review of proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- Review of accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
- Review of differential gauge use and recommendation gauges
- Review of PVB, DCVA, and RP test procedures and wet lab practice
A passing grade on the final written examination and a satisfactory completion of the ¬’hands-on’’ performance will result in certification. Certification is good for three (3) years.
If you fail the course and are required to re-test you will be notified by the office.
TEXTBOOKS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR USE DURING THE CLASS
ABC can customize this class for your company!
We can host at your place or ours!
Contact Brittany for more information