32-Hour Backflow Certification – 3 Day Course
September 18, 2020 @ 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
This course is for Treeo Certifications and Re-certifications ONLY! ASSE Certifications much be handled directly through the ASSE organization.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID APPRENTICE, JOURNEY OR MASTER MD STATE PLUMBING LICENSE TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THIS LICENSE BEFORE BEING REGISTERED FOR THE CLASS.
This course meets for 3 consecutive days. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (September 18, 19, 20) at the new ABC Greater Baltimore training facility on E. Biddle Street, Baltimore.
The Maryland State Board of Plumbing requires the successful completion of an approved 32-Hour Backflow Training Course as a pre-requisite for the Journey/Master Plumber examination.
ALL PLUMBING MEMBERS – Check your license and certification!
- Developing the knowledge of the causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Recognizing proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- A complete understanding and ability to perform accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
Every three (3) years a Cross Connection/Backflow Tester must re certify or lose their certification as a Backflow/Cross Connection Tester. The Maryland State Board of Plumbing, WSSC, Baltimore County, District of Columbia, require the successful completion of an approved 8-Hour Backflow Training Recertification Course to keep this certification and license current. The re certification course will focus on the following:
- Updates and new developments in Cross Connection Control
- Review of causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Review of proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- Review of accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
- Review of differential gauge use and recommendation gauges
- Review of PVB, DCVA, and RP test procedures and wet lab practice
A passing grade on the final written examination and a satisfactory completion of the ¬’hands-on’’ performance will result in certification. Certification is good for three (3) years.
If you fail the course and are required to re-test you will be notified by the office.
TEXTBOOKS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR USE DURING THE CLASS