32-Hour Backflow Certification (3 Day Course) AND 10-Hour Backflow Recertification Course (1 Day; Saturday ONLY)
March 22, 2024 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm$225.00 – $585.00
This course is taught by a Maryland State Plumbing Board Approved ASSE instructor.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID APPRENTICE, JOURNEY OR MASTER MD STATE PLUMBING LICENSE TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THIS LICENSE BEFORE BEING REGISTERED FOR THE CLASS.
This course meets for 3 consecutive days for the 32-hour certification: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (March 22, 23, 24) at ABC’s training facility on E. Biddle Street Baltimore. For the RECERTIFICATION, you will attend Saturday’s training ONLY, beginning at 9:30 am.
The Maryland State Board of Plumbing requires the successful completion of an approved 32-Hour Backflow Training Course as a pre-requisite for the Journey/Master Plumber examination.
ALL PLUMBING MEMBERS – Check your license and certification!
- Developing the knowledge of the causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Recognizing proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- A complete understanding and ability to perform accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies.
Every three (3) years a Cross Connection/Backflow Tester must re certify or lose their certification as a Backflow/Cross Connection Tester. The Maryland State Board of Plumbing, WSSC, Baltimore County, District of Columbia, require the successful completion of an approved 8-Hour Backflow Training Recertification Course to keep this certification and license current. The re certification course will focus on the following:
- Updates and new developments in Cross Connection Control
- Review of causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Review of proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- Review of accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
- Review of differential gauge use and recommendation gauges
- Review of PVB, DCVA, and RP test procedures and wet lab practice
A passing grade on the final written examination and a satisfactory completion of the ¬’hands-on’’ performance will result in certification. Certification is good for three (3) years.
If you fail the course and are required to re-test you will be notified by the office.
TEXTBOOKS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR USE DURING THE CLASS