Webinar: Labor Issues On The Rise In The Maryland Construction Industry
January 27, 2021 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
ABC’s Maryland Chapters invite you to attend our upcoming webinar: “Labor Issues On The Rise In Maryland’s Construction Industry” on January 19, 2021.
Major changes will confront merit shop contractors in 2021, including:
- New (and old) Covid issues – vaccination rules, safety standards, paid leaves and unemployment
- Expected increases in union organizing and other pro-labor federal rule changes expected in the new Administration
- Increased burdens and risks for government contractors (executive orders, tougher prevailing wage enforcement, PLAs)
- More class action “wage theft” lawsuits throughout the DMV (increased GC responsibilities; more claims of “1099 misclassification”)
- Other new Maryland laws affecting construction industry employers
- How ABC is helping its members deal with these issues
Join us to hear from ABC attorney Maury Baskin, chair of the Construction Labor Group at Littler Mendelson, P.C. He will describe the steps ABC members should take NOW to prepare for the impending labor changes.
This is a member-ONLY webinar.