Introduction to Blueprint Reading, 2 Day Course
November 21 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$250.00
This class meets for two consecutive nights, November 21 & 22 at ABC Greater Baltimore from 5 to 8 pm.
Blue print reading is a fundamental skill that should be mastered by all individuals pursuing a career in the , construction industry. This class has been designed for individuals with little to no experience with reading blueprints and will help provide the foundation necessary to help individuals master this important skill. Potential , students should be proficient with basic mathematics and have a basic understanding of commercial building components. This course will provide a basic overview of all construction disciplines including, Civil, Architectural, Structural, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, and Low Voltage Systems.
Topics to include, but not limited to the following:
- Types of Construction Drawings and their purpose
- Drawing Organization & Components
- Understanding floor plans, sections & elevations
- Identify and understanding the meaning of common symbols, notations and abbreviations found on plans
- Scale Reading
- Basic Quantity Take Off and Calculating – Counts, Linear Measures, Area and Volume
- Sitework – Demo, Excavation, SOE, SEC, UG Utilities
- Architectural – Plans, Elevations, Finishes, Schedules
- Structural Overview for Concrete and Steel
- Sprinkler Systems and Installation Criteria
- Plumbing Systems – Supply and Drain Lines
- Mechanical Systems – Piping and Air Distribution Systems
- Electrical Systems – Power and Lighting
- Low Voltage Systems – Telecom, Data, Fire Alarm, Security, AV.