Carpentry for General Contractors (Level 200)
February 28, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$1500.00 – $2200.00
Carpentry Level 200 – For those who are proficient with most of the level 100 skills and who have been working the field for greater than 6 months. (100 hour program)
- Demonstrate safety working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrate how to layout, square, and plumb.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Carpentry terminology.
- Demonstrate basic blueprint reading skills.
- Obtain certification in boom and scissor lift operations.
- Demonstrate safe work habits and knowledge of safety rules and instructions while performing job functions.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of door frames and hardware.
- Demonstrate the basic knowledge of metal framing.
- Demonstrate the basic knowledge of hanging drywall.
- Demonstrate ability to prep and paint.
- Demonstrate ability to perform basic rough carpentry skills: [blocking, sheathing, safety rails.]
- Finishing Elective – Adds 25-30 hours
- Window, door & ceiling trim – Demonstrate knowledge of different types of trim used in finish work.
- Exterior finishing – Demonstrate knowledge of exterior finishing including various types of exterior finish materials and their installation procedures, including wood, metal, vinyl, and fiber cement siding.
- Cabinet installation – Demonstrate basic knowledge for selection and installation of base and wall cabinets and countertops.
- Drywall finishing – Demonstrate the basic knowledge of materials, tools, and methods used to finish and patch gypsum drywall.
- Programs can be taken independently of one another based on the needs of the contractor.
- Programs utilize the NCCER curriculum.
- Classes will be held at ABC’s Construction Education Academy
- Finishing elective can be added for those who need it
Class dates: Mon/Wed from 5 to 8 pm
Classes will meet on Feb. 28, March 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30, April 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27, May 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, June 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20 & 22