Carpentry for General Contractors (Carpentry Level 100)
October 25 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Goal: To take a new employee efficiently from laborer to apprentice carpenter.
Outcome: Employee will be proficient in the skills listed below
Carpentry Level 100 – For individuals brand new to the trade. (50–75-hour program)
- Safety training – OSHA 10, First Aid & CPR
- Maintain a clean jobsite without oversight.
- Install and maintain temporary protection.
- Off load and load and store material properly
- Reliable in opening and closing jobsites.
- Assist carpenters and skilled workers as directed.
- Take multiple directions and execute without re-instruction.
- Proficient with basic hand tools
- Programs can be taken independently of one another based on the needs of the contractor.
- Programs utilize the NCCER curriculum.
- Classes will be held at ABC’s Construction Education Academy
- Finishing elective can be added for those who need it