- This event has passed.
BASIC CARPENTRY – Day 2 (Wall Systems & Floor Systems)
May 13 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$350.00 – $500.00
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN POSTPONED
ABC SKILL DAYS
Basic Carpentry – Wall & Floor Systems
Friday, May 13; 8 am to 4 pm
Goal: To speed up the time it takes to train someone in the skills of an entry level Carpenter
Objective: Identify the specific Carpentry skills needed by the contractor and teach those to the trainees using both related instruction and hands on training.
Outcomes: Trainees will be able to quickly grasp and become proficient in the specific Carpentry skills identified by the contractor and training provider.
By the end of the course students will have experience with the following:
Day 2 – Wall Systems & Floor Systems (May 13; 8 to 4 pm)
- Estimate the amount of material to frame a floor assembly from a set of plans
- Lay out a wood frame wall, including plates, corner posts, door and window openings.
- Assemble and erect a wood frame wall, including plates, corner posts, door, and window openings.
- Correctly install sheathing on a wall.
- Understand and install Firestopping at penetrations of wall
- Lay out and construct a floor assembly, including a rough opening and subfloor material.
PART 1 OF THIS TRAINING WAS HELD ON MAY 6th, CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS OR TO REGISTER FOR BOTH SESSIONS.